5 Commonly Asked Questions
- What insurance is accepted at Summit PT?
We accept most insurance carriers including Workers’ Comp., Medicare, BCBS, United Healthcare, Tricare, and others. Please call the office with any questions.
- What can I expect on my first visit?
After filling out new patient paperwork, each patient will receive a thorough evaluation to assess the problem area and any other contributing factors. Then an individualized plan of care will be established.
- What can I expect at subsequent visits?
The patient will be seen by the physical therapist at each session. Treatments may include hands on mobilization and stretching, strengthening exercises and modalities as needed to restore previous level of functioning.
- How long do treatments usually last?
Treatments usually last 45 minutes to an hour. The duration of the treatment depends on the severity and type of condition.
- What types of conditions are treated?
We treat a wide range of conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Neck and back injuries
- Pre/post operation orthopedic rehab
- Sprains and strains
- Frozen shoulders and rotator cuff injuries
- Knee, foot, and ankle injuries
- Hip and core weakness
- Muscle imbalance
- General deconditioning
- Balance and coordination
- Sports injuries
- Injury prevention/patient education
Please call the office with any questions (337) 565-4355